Please join us for a panel discussion on how urban designers, park advocates, and local political leaders are addressing current open space needs according to Olmsted Design Principles and developing strategies for protecting parks and open spaces as a vital part of our communities in the Baltimore metropolitan region. We’ll make sure to save plenty of time for questions & answers and the conversation can continue following the panel at our reception. This meeting will also include the Annual Board Elections for the Friends of Maryland’s Olmsted Parks & Landscapes.
The Olmsted Principles of Design—How Relevant for Achieving Sustainability?
Thursday, June 28, 7:00 PM
Johns Hopkins at Eastern, 1101 East 33rd Street
Free and open to the public. Free parking in center front lot.
- Howard Aylesworth, FMOPL, Moderator
- David Benn, Cho Benn Holback + Associates
- Mark Cameron, Urban Designer, Morgan State University
- Jackie Carrera, Parks & People Foundation
- Barbara Hopkins, NeighborSpace of Baltimore County
- Del. Mary Washington, Sustainability Commission, Baltimore